WELCOME KAYAKERS ON ALPIN ACTION TEAM BLOG

OUR PHILOSOPHY IS TO SEARCH AND TEST THE BEST AND MOST DURABLE EQUIPMENT, THE GOAL IS TO DISCOVER, LEARN AND SHARE JOIN US AND SHARE YOUR OPINION, WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO ANSWER TO ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS. WE LOVE KAYAKING, AND WE ARE HERE TO COOPERATE WITH YOU TO SEARCH THE BEST SOLUTION FOR YOUR GEAR!

KAYAK IS FUN AND WE DON`T WANT TO MAKE THINGS TOO SERIOUS, BETWEEN QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS WE WILL SHOW VIDEOS, PHOTOS, TEXTS AND UPDATES FROM ALL THE WORLD OF KAYAKING.


IL NOSTRO PROGETTO È DI RICERCARE E PROVARE I MIGLIORI E PIÙ RESISTENTI MATERIALI PER VOI, L'OBIETTIVO È DI SCOPRIRE, IMPARARE E CONDIVIDERE. VI INVITIAMO A CONDIVIDERE LE VOSTRE OPINIONI SUL BLOG, SIAMO A DISPOSIZIONE PER OGNI GENERE DI DOMANDA SU TECNICA E MATERIALI, QUALE KAYAK FA PER ME? QUALE MISURA È LA PIÙ INDICATA PER IL MIO PESO? AMIAMO IL KAYAK E SIAMO QUI PER CERCARE INSIEME LA SOLUZIONE MIGLIORE PER LA VOSTRA ATTREZZATURA!

IL KAYAK È DIVERTIMENTO, TRA UN TEST E L'ALTRO VI PROPORREMO FILMATI, FOTO ED ARTICOLI DA TUTTO IL MONDO DEL KAYAK.




Monday 4 March 2013

Alpin Action - crew Andraž Krpič


NAME: Andraž

LAST NAME: Krpič

BIRTH DATE: November 1983

COUNTRY, HOMETOWN: Slovenia, Ljubljana

STARTED KAYAKING IN: 1989

QUALIFICATIONS: BA in Cultural Studies and Anthropology, Kayak instructor 3, White-water Rescuer

DISCIPLINE(S): Extreme and freestyle kayaking

NOTICABLE RESULTS: 2nd team EXTREME OUTDOOR GAMES 2010, 10th place single and 3rd place team Teva Extreme Outdoor games 2009, 13th place Adidas Sickline 2009, Slovenian National Freestyle Champion 2009, 2010 and 2011

GEAR I USE: Palm Equipment, Dagger Mamba kayak, Ophion paddles

I started kayaking at the age of 5 in a local kayak club in Ljubljana and ever since my life has revolved around kayak. I was an enthusiastic slalom paddler, until I decided to quit competing slalom at the age of 17. At that time I knew only little about freestyle or extreme disciplines of kayaking, so after a while I couldn’t find a good enough motivation to continue kayaking. That was until one day, at the age of 19, I drove over the Tacen Bridge and saw my current kayaker mates Luka Štricelj and Janez Čižman doing flatwater loops, which I didn’t know were possible before. Astonished by the new move, I bought my first freestyle kayak in a matter of days and haven’t stopped kayaking ever since.
I am a current Freestyle National Champion, but since 2007 my heart has been more dedicated to extreme kayaking. I won the first extreme race I participated in and rarely finish outside the first three, though what I enjoy the most is river running with my friends and learning new moves and techniques.
I started to help train and spread my enthusiasm to young paddlers at a local kayak club in Ljubljana at the age of 20 and have done so until I was 25. After working at Duemstuff kayak gear Company for 2 years, I have now returned to what I love doing best: teaching, safety kayaking and sports photography.


No comments:

Post a Comment